Environmentally Sustainable Painting
Many people today are concerned about environmental sustainability – particularly within the painters and decorators industry. Bob De Groot Painting Contractors are proud of our continued commitment to find and use low toxic, sustainable painting products wherever possible. We support the environmental recommendations of the Master Painters association and have recently completed their industry standard, resulting in Enviropainter® Registration for the company.
Master Painters Australia Enviropainter®
An Enviropainter® is a registered member of the Master Painters Australia who has undertaken an accredited training course on 22002VIC Sustainable Painting Practices (SPP).
The SPP program provides training on the principles and application of sustainable painting practices for the painting and decorating industry, teaching participants how to protect and preserve the environment while completing quality painting projects for customers. The Sustainable Painting Course (22002VIC) is an accredited course developed by the Victorian Government, through its agency Sustainability Victoria.
Implementing Sustainable Painting Practices
The ways in which we have implemented sustainable painting policies at Bob De Groot Painting Contractors include:
- Using low Volatile Organic Compounds paints (low VOC)
- Giving customer options for the use of Heat Reflective paints to reduce energy usage
- Implemented water conservation procedures on project cleanups
- Implemented sustainable procedures for the safe removal of lead paint
- Improved our quoting systems to reduce wastage
- Providing knowledge and advice to customers on sustainable alternatives when discussing painting projects
- Selecting products which reduce the possibility of chemical sensitivity
- Using Heat-reflective nano-ceramics and pigments to reduce energy consumption
We are Enviropainter® Certified :Enviropainter® Certificate.pdf